Monday, December 13, 2010

5K Sponsorship Opportunity

Please note this request from School of Business student Logan Dirksen. He completed the 5K yesterday, but there is still opportunity to support his cause.
-------------------------------------------------
Hello All,

Some of you may know me well, others may not, but today who I am is not what's important. My name is Logan Dirksen and I apologize for the late notice of this request, but this plan has developed literally overnight in light of recent events. Wednesday (12/8/10) Tom C. Cooper, my grandfather and a renowned landscape photographer who spent many years with Arizona Highways, passed away in Atlanta, Georgia. In order to attempt to preserve his legacy as a passionate photographer, I am establishing an endowment fund in his honor to assist aspiring photographers in achieving their educational and professional goals. I will need to raise at least $5,000 to initially fund the endowment and will be attempting to get businesses to match all personal donations to further solidify the fund. With the initial amount I raise, I will purchase a long term security, such as an annuity, to make the fund self-sustainable in the long run.

I have decided that the best way to start the fund raising effort is to ask for sponsors for a 5K I will now be running in his honor and to raise awareness of the benefits of healthy living, as his death was most likely related to heart failure. I am scheduled to run this, my very first 5K (or race for that matter), on Sunday December 12 at 1:30 PM in Malibu. However, this is no ordinary 5K I will be participating in. The Spartan
Race is an all-out gauntlet which will test my strength, endurance, perseverance and mental fortitude at a time when I am already being tested from all sides. I have attached a few videos and links below to better
explain the nature of the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGij4JkEiKU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qitVMB2BbqA
http://www.spartanrace.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartan_race

I know that times are still not the best for everyone, myself included, so I ask this as humbly as possible. If you could please donate whatever you can, in either the form of a pledge of sponsorship for my completion of
the race or a much-appreciated direct donation, it would really mean a lot to myself and my family. We are doing our part in requesting donations in lieu of flowers and I will be organizing an event in the near future to
further facilitate the fund raising effort, but I feel that this initial push will be what sets the pace. I have partnered with The Community Foundation of Riverside and they are willing to accept donations on behalf of
the fund in order to make them tax deductible for the donor.  (Just make the check out to The Community Foundation and please make sure  you put Tom C. Cooper Fund in the memo line, if you are able to donate.)

Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for all your genuine condolences you have extended and please trust that they have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated, even if I haven't been able to show it in person. Thank you for  taking your time to read this and hopefully donate, but if you can't, I truly understand.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or assistance related to the fund or donating. Thank you very much and have a blessed holiday season with your family.
Sincerely and Humbly,

Logan Dirksen
Tom C. Cooper Education Fund Administrator
ltdirksen@gmail.com
(469)667-7075

No comments:

Post a Comment